Rescue 15 Call Centre Mandi Bahauddin is established in DPO Office Mandi Bahauddin. The Call Centre is providing following services to the people of Mandi Bahauddin:
- Emergency help in crime/ accidents
- Theft reporting counter
- Missing/lost persons
- Elite Combat Team
- Antiriot Reserve
- Coordination of Fire Brigade service
- Loud Speaker violation control
- Motor/cycle Squad
- NADRA (Computerize Identity Card ) Verifications
- Registration Vehicles Verifications (MTMIS)
Rescue 15 is a telephonic aid provided by the police to facilitate and cater emergencies. Data recorded from callers include the caller’s name, time & date of the incident, place of incident, detail of concerned police station and nature of crime whereas the data is also forwarded to Chief Minister's Complaint Cell.
Rescue 15 is providing following services to the people:
- 24-hour emergency helpline
- Elite emergency combat teams
- Mobile crime scene unit
- Police armed reserve
Processing of Complaints
- After a call is received, the team leader can guide assistants and provide suggestions and instructions.
- Information of any heinous or cognizable offence is immediately passed on to DPO by the head of rescue 15.
- Team leader also passes the information to wireless control. Wireless control directs police mobile towards crime scene/point of incident.
- Wireless control passes information to nearest patrolling vehicle for dispatching to the point of occurrence for prompt response.
- Police mobile reaches at the crime scene within 3 to 5 minutes in urban areas and 7 to 10 minutes in rural areas.
- After receiving information from wireless control that police mobile has reached to the place of incident, team leader calls the aggrieved or victim through official landline number to verify whether police mobile has reached at the said place or not.
- To initiate legal proceedings against the offender, caller is advised to contact the concerned police station.
Citizen Feedback System
It has been observed with concern that sometimes emergency calls especially regarding cognizable offences are received on the Rescue 15 and for its confirmation it is sent to concerned Police but SHO’s / Police do not pay attention and no cognizance is taken well in time.
So, citizen feedback system is launched by Punjab Government. Now every important call is uploaded from Rescue 15 on the Chief Minister’s website, and a message is sent from the Chief Minister about the behavior, response and corruption of police.