Enlisted below are few safety tips:
- Always stay alert and be aware of your surroundings
- Get to know the neighborhoods and neighbors where you live and work
- Authenticate persons before renting them room or house
- When sitting in your shops or offices, keep a vigilant eye around and ensure proper security arrangements
- If you see something unusual in your surroundings, evaluate it. After evaluation, if you still cannot determine if a threat exists or not, notify to the area Police station
- Police should also be informed of any strangers who may have come to stay in your neighborhood and whose activities appear suspicious
- Try to avoid visiting crowded places, markets, hotels, offices, video shops without necessity
- Do not touch any unidentified object. Explosive could be concealed in a number of objects including toys, transistors, lunch boxes, bottles, bags etc
- Do not accept any parcels from strangers
- Make eye contact with people around you
- While traveling, always check under your seats for any suspicious objects
- Keep your mobile phone charged and make sure that all emergency numbers are feeded in your mobile
- Citizens should inform the police regarding any suspicious activities, abandoned vehicles, articles, and other objects by visiting the nearest police station or by calling 15
- Lock doors while driving
- Ensure that you close all windows and quarter glasses of your vehicle and lock up the vehicle every time you park it, even if you’ll be gone only for a short while. The bonnet and boot should also be properly secured
- Look around for people before leaving your car
- Before opening a car door, drivers should make sure that its boot, bonnet and doors have not been tempered with. If there is any sign of suspicion, the local police should be approached for help, immediately
- People have to be aware of all the signs of suspected suicide bombers, for example, putting on abnormally extra clothing, walking heavy-footed, excessive perspiration, something protruding from the body while walking, looking nervous, displaying suspicious behavior etc
In case of any emergency or offence while you are on the street or in office, stay calm and try to behave normal until the environment is clear. If you are on the safe place, try to memorize the criminal’s identity. If you are out of sight of the criminals, call 15 to inform the Police about the incident and do not dispose of any physical evidence e.g. hairs, blood stains or skin samples.
Hire security guards only from registered agencies. Use transport for carrying all valuable things. If you regularly carry money, or any other precious product, change the route and time randomly. Use CCTV cameras and other technologies for precautions, if possible. It is important to inform the police about any suspicious happening or unclaimed object found in any suspicious circumstance.
Double Your Money Hoaxes
The case of double shah is a famous one in this regard and can be taken as an example. You are offered to have your money double in one month or less. Some companies may even show that they are legally registered but they are not reliable as even registered companies are not allowed to promote and run any such schemes.
Most of the crimes are committed by a person known to the victim. He/ they may be a relative, servant, maid, housekeeper or watchman etc. It is strongly recommended to verify the identity and past history of your servants before employing. Never discuss financial matters in the presence of a servant. Treat them nicely and don’t penalize them on their little mistakes. Do not allow any of the relatives or friends of your servant to visit your house. If at all he has any frequent visitor, verify his antecedents from police and try to keep the contact details of such persons. Inform your neighbors, if you are staying alone. Only work with reputable business organizations and be suspicious of offers from unknown contractors to do home repairs.